Here at BabyBallers, we believe that children should be encouraged to get involved with a sport from a young age. It can help with their social skills, and hand-eye coordination, it can provide mental benefits to a child such as the ability to complete hard tasks. Plus, it also helps them to learn to work as a team. Not to mention a whole host of other great benefits.
When children begin football at such a young age, it is not necessarily just their football skills that make them good players. It’s also not necessarily just about them being good at the game but also learning the basic skills we mentioned above and most of all, having a good time.
In order to help improve your child’s football skills, we have put together our top 5 tips to help develop and improve your child’s football skills outside of our BabyBallers football classes to help them improve their skills even further.
Improve your child’s football skills with these top tips:
- Encouragement – This can do so much to a child’s confidence. No matter how they play always be encouraging of what they’re doing. As a parent, you can help them to become more confident by cheering them on at the sideline.
- Practice – You know how the saying goes, practice makes perfect. Well, it really is true, especially when it comes to something like football. The more your child practices the better and more importantly confident they will become. It is really beneficial to your child to practice the techniques that they have learnt in class at home or in the park.
- Rewards – Here at BabyBallers all of our classes are done by age so your child will always be playing with other children of around the same age and size. Whilst they are learning and even once they have found their feet, it is important to set small goals for your child and reward them with praise when they achieve those or begin working on them. For example, learning where to hit the football in order to get a goal, even if they don’t get the goal, is a great achievement which should be rewarded.
- Respect – Good sportsmanship is one of the life lessons that children can learn from sports and teaching it early can really make a huge difference. Respecting other children is an important factor when attending one of our BabyBallers toddler football classes. This will help your child to develop social skills and allow them to play and enjoy their games with others of a similar age much more easily.
- A Healthy Diet – Although we only ever encourage our games here at BabyBallers to be fun, it is still always so important for your child’s diet to be a healthy one. Not only does this encourage them to learn about healthy choices for the future but it also will help their body to recover quickly after a training session or match. Healthy fuel is always a bonus as well to keep their energy levels up during a class. Think healthy snacks for games and dinner afterwards.
Here at BabyBallers, we always strive to give your child the most enjoyable experience within our toddler football classes. You can find out more information and find a class near you here.